Sunday, March 13, 2011

Breakin' Up Is Hard To Do



I have not known how to even say this. I kept hoping and praying that we would not have to do this. We are so sad about it. When I told a friend that I felt like I was breaking up with a boyfriend, she said..."yes, but they are dating over 300 other girls." Yes, we have decided not to use Gladney. And truth be told, we are heartbroken about it. They are an amazing agency. We know how well they care for the children. We know how ethical they are. We love Scott Brown and what a faith filled man he is. We also knew that there were children in our parameters waiting for a family. So we struggled and decided that we would not use Gladney for our second adoption. If I were 16, you would find me in my bedroom, surrounded by my 4 closest friends, a box of tissue, 5 spoons, and Haagan Daas ice cream. But I am not 16, am I?


6 comments:

scooping it up said...

wish i were with you, curled on the floor, painting our toenails eating ice cream.

all will be well.

it will be ok.

any leanings, yet?

coffeemom said...

Not 16. And a fierce enough mama to brave the breakup and go get your child....waiting for you.

I wish I lived closer....I'd bring the tissues. And the Vanilla Swiss Almond.....

emily said...

Got my spoon sister. Thankful for you.

QB said...

I'm sorry for your turmoil. I'd love to see you - whether you want to talk about it or not. We're around this weekend and I'm really hoping for some playground weather, if you're interested/available.

Janell said...

Can you please email me. I'd love to ask you some questions regarding this. We completed an adoption in 09 and are starting another one now. I'm looking into agencies and have some questions. I read your blog once in a while from Emily's. Thanks so much!

janellrink@gmail.com

janellrink.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the breakup but you have to go where you are guided. Just glad we had the opportunity to meet your family . Tonya