1. I grew up in a bio/trans-racial adoptive family. My parents had 4 children, adopted a girl while we lived in India, and adopted again several years later. The youngest is 13, now.
2. One of my sisters was/is a "super-model" (has walked the cat walk, been on Vogue, ELLE, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, etc... been on Conan O'Brien) My brother played for the Blue Jays. Another sister worked for Reagan and Bush (senior). Thus, I have always lead the most regular life in my family. Some might say boring. Boring can be beautiful - absent of drama and filled with love.
3. I have to end every meal with "dessert" or something sweet.
4. My family did not have a TV until I was a senior in high school, so I missed out on all those shows like The Brady Bunch.
5. I love to read really well written children's books. I just finished the Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, and just started The Tale of Despereaux by the same author. I am reading it to myself and then will read it to Zach when we are finished with the one that we are reading together.
6. I turn into "the wicked witch of the west" after 9. No really! I can be peaceful and patient until the clock says 9pm.
7. When my kids were little, after 4 they had to practice "peace-ability" - the ability to be peaceful. I have a noise thing. I can't always tolerate loud noises.
That was actually fun! Off to a soccer game and then cooking class at my house. I will post pictures and hopefully recipes, soon. Here are some of my favorite blogs or people who have played a special role in our adoption process.
I tag, :
2. Lori S
Have a wonderful weekend.