Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Adventures of Bella Bean: life at warp speed**edited



I can't believe that we have been home less than 2 weeks. I can't remember life before Bella. She is growing like a weed. She is incredibly funny. She is incredibly active. Some random thoughts:

1. Don't buy anything before they get home. Okay, maybe not, anything. But hold off on as much as you can. For example: we bought a high chair...she wants to be like the big kids so it goes unused.

2. Sleep is over rated:) We are adjusting but sleep is a sticking point. She actually is improving though.

3. This is what my Tuesday looked like: Woke up at 5:50. Took shower. Dressed in clean clothes. Got Bella dressed. Went down stairs. Observed mess created by dog #1 (has not happened in 8 years). Cleaned up mess. Got Bella breakfast. Got older children out the door for school. Sat down to enjoy cup of coffee. Bella climbs on my lap (so sweet). Bella pulls full cup of coffee on me, upholstered chair, rug, and somehow did not get anything on her (thank goodness). Clean mess. Change into clean clothes #2..... All before 7am:)

3. Cont'd What Monday night looked like.... Observe Bella with car keys. Two minutes later keys gone. Proceed to tear house apart to find keys. No luck. Decide to start at square one... there they are...she had put them away:)

4. Bonding is an on going process...it does not happen overnight even when it feels like it does. Small little reminders surface to remind me that she is not use to having a mommy of her own:)

10 comments:

Sparkz said...

She is beautiful and looks SO happy. Thanks for taking our picts. over. Glad your back and posting updates!!!

Sparkz said...

BTW from these pictures she looks like she's been home for a year or so! You'd never know you've only been home for a little bit!

Sparkz said...

I love the post you left on our blog! I am sure she was just waiting for someone to listen. Really Jen, I am beyond trilled that she is home and doing well. Its so GOOD to see her happy and not scared!

This is my 3rd post to this one. I think we need some more pictures and updates!!!

emily said...

I LOVE, LOVE seeing these pictures. She is blossoming before our very eyes! Thank you Lord for this good and perfect gift.

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Great post. A clean house and clean clothes are completely overrated right now.

Heidi said...

Your last two posts are so touching and beautiful. Thank you for sharing your experiences. We still don't have our referral but are hoping that one of the siblings will be in the older range and your insights are so helpful!

Tanya said...

Adjusting BACK to toddlerhood is hard, but they are oh soooo cute! Hang in there. This, too, only lasts for a season. Yes, bonding will take time, but sounds like she is fitting right in. Nice to know we have others going through the same things.

Rahel said...

So precious!

K-Tuds said...

Hello, I think I may have a picture of Bella when I visited the care center back in June, If you want to email me at ob.kathryn at gmail.com I can send it along. she had just received a "photo book" that day from another traveling family, June 10th.

Katie

QB said...

#3 is why I never get dressed in the morning until the absolute last possible moment. And, since we did not leave the house today, why I am still wearing my pajamas from last night at 10pm tonight. I'm thinking of going apple picking at Smolak Farms in N. Andover with some Boston Ethiopia Adoption yahoo group people on Sunday morning. It may be too much of a zoo, not sure. But if you feel like it, please come.