The many faces of Eliza. Happy 14th birthday. Fourteen things I love about you! (And it was hard to limit the list:)
1. I love you for wanting nothing for your birthday but to sponsor a three year old named Temesgan from Ethiopia. (She found a sponsorship program through World Vision that allows her to write to him.)
2. I love that you want to go to John Hopkins to be a Pediatric Surgeon.
3. I love that you might be the goofiest 14 year old that I have ever known.
4. I love that you don't care if you are not the best dancer or singer but dance and sing anyway.
5. I love that you love the underdog.
6. I love that you love to read.
7. I love that you love your brothers.
8. I love that you have a heart for adoption even before your parents did.
9. I love that you choose Vivien Thomas as your person to research for your history project. (if you don't know who he is look him up, I did...he is amazing.)
10. I love your heart shaped lips and face.
11. I love that you love horses and dogs when all the other girls your age love shoes and purses.
12. I love that you want to go to Africa and work when you are older.
13. I love that you loan your older brother money to take his girlfriend out.
14. I love that I get to be your mom... what a privilege. You have taught me so much.
Happy Birthday Eliza!