Thursday, June 26, 2008

Reflection

Do you ever feel like God is trying to tell you something and you must be missing the message.  That is how I am feeling.  We had Samantha's funeral yesterday.  It was beautiful and sad.  I don't think you are ever prepared to say good bye to a beautiful 20 year old who did nothing but be born with CF.  The funeral was on her grandmother's birthday. hmmmm  

Then I went into work (part time fun job at Williams-Sonoma) only to discover that a friend at work who's sons go to the same school in Boston as mine is in the hospital with renal failure.  She has not been sick.  She is 46.  I prayed for her all night and before I got out of bed this morning.  I pray that her four children will not be left motherless.  hmmmm

I also pray for the birth mother of our next child (God willing).  I pray that she knows that we will love and care for her baby as the treasure that he/she is.  I pray that God gives her peace and comfort in these days that will have such an impact on her and her child's life.  hmmmm

So what am I missing?  At the moment, I am acutely aware of people suffering.  At the moment, I pray.  The juxtaposition of life and death is not lost on me.  Is there a deeper message?


No comments: