Sunday, August 31, 2008

Beginnngs

Zach and Eliza start school on Tuesday.  Andrew starts on Friday.  I start Anatomy and Physiology on Wednesday.  Eliza starts Crew.  Zach's starts soccer (two teams).  Andrew's soccer started last week.  As you can tell we reach a fever pitch.  Buckle your seat belts because the school year begins with what can feel like whiplash.  

In addition to my Anatomy and Physiology class, I have signed up for a bible study class on Wednesday.  Yes, I have always done devotionals but never a true bible study.  I have been amazed at some of my friends' faith and knowledge of the bible.  I figured that would be a great place to start.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Today is officially the last day of the summer vacation.  I actually get really sad.  I love having the kids home for the summer.  I love not having a rigid schedule.  I love not having to "steal" time for the family.  I do love new beginnings.  What can we do differently?  How can we be better friends, students, parents, volunteers?  We get a "do-over".  The kids get a do-over.  Do it differently if you did not do it well.  

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.-Flavia Weedn  

No comments: